Let's Learn Together!
We hope you find these activities and ideas for home helpful.
The activities will be practical and hopefully fun! In general there will not be an emphasis on screen time or printing.
In the boxes below, for each year group, teachers will give clear learning objectives and then an activity for the children to do independently or with some support.
We will post daily ideas for:
This learning will be replaced daily and so if you would like a record of it we suggest taking a screen shot as we will not be storing previous ideas on the website.
These activities may range from 10 to 30 minutes depending on the age of your child (maybe try a timer if your child is reluctant and if this works for your child, make it slightly competitive!). Encouragement is key and at DVIS we talk about juicy mistakes - mistakes we can learn from! Do not correct every aspect of the work but choose something that is possibly a repeated mistake or one or two spellings for example.
We would encourage you to create a clear routine for each day (involve the children) and then incorporate some or all of these activities or learning opportunities (the coloured timetable - right - is just an example).
Your routine might include:
- English activity e.g. writing a story or designing a character.
- maths activity
- handwriting (letter families)
- reading (bug club, audio, magazines, being read to)
- physical activity (yoga, kids HIIT, skipping, hula hooping, circuit training, obstacle course)
- creative activity (compose a song, art, dance, sculpture, cooking, design using construction sets such as Lego or recycled materials)
- a game (board game or other active game)
- worship/reflective/values time (can you find an activity that would show and share one of the school values? make a picture for a neighbour?)
- fresh air
- help around the house – clean, turn out a cupboard, fold the laundry!
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org and the email will be forwarded to the correct member of staff.
|BBC Bitesize - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize and The Oak National Academy - https://www.thenational.academy/|
RECEPTION: Let's Learn
Year 1: Let's Learn