Please find below information related to DVIS and our response to COVID:
Coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms are similar to colds and flu. They include a high temperature, a cough and a loss or change to your smell or taste.
Symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are very similar to symptoms of other illnesses, such as colds and flu.
- a high temperature or shivering (chills) – a high temperature means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- shortness of breath
- feeling tired or exhausted
- an aching body
- a headache
- a sore throat
- a blocked or runny nose
- loss of appetite
- feeling sick or being sick
What to do if your child is unwell
If you have any of these symptoms and you have a high temperature, or you do not feel well enough to go to work or do your normal activities, try to stay at home and avoid contact with other people.
You can go back to your normal activities when you feel better or do not have a high temperature.
Action you should take
Please inform the school if your child is unwell and not coming to school. Be clear as to the reason for absence.
In England we are no longer required to test for Covid however if your child has a positive result from a PCR test, then under 18s are advised to stay at home for 3 days following the day of testing (day zero). For adults 5 days is suggested.
Helpful Links for Learning
At DVIS we use Google Classroom to upload work and teaching videos for each class. See the Remote Learning Policy for more information.
Learning at home
Mental Health support
Below are some websites that offer support for you and the family at this time.