Documents & Information
The Chair of Governors is Ms Megan Pacey.
The role of the governors is to help the school provide the best possible education for our pupils. We do this by thinking and working strategically to raise standards, we monitor and evaluate progress towards the school’s priorities and targets. We support the Headteacher and staff as well as challenging their expectations.
There are 14 governors at DVIS:
- 2 Parent Governors who are elected to be representative of the parent body.
- 2 Staff Governors to represent teaching and non-teaching staff, the Headteacher is also a governor. With the exception of the Headteacher, staff governors are elected.
- 1 Local Authority (LA) governor who is appointed by the local authority.
- 8 Foundation governors (including the Vicar) who are normally appointed by either Southwark Diocese Board of Education or St Barnabas, our local church.
We meet twice a term as a Full Governing Body. We also have five committees and one working party that meet once or twice a term.
- Admissions – oversee the admissions arrangements, changing policy if required and hearing appeals.
- Learning and Inclusion – meet and discuss teaching and learning, progress of all pupils, curriculum delivery, policy and practice, safety and care of all children.
- Premises and Finance Committee – set the budget, ensure budgets are adhered to, value for money is gained and that financial regulations are followed. The committee also oversee the building maintenance program, deciding priorities for development and renewal, health and safety of the property, checks of equipment.
- Personnel – oversee staffing in school, staff structure, pay and conditions of employment, interviews and attendance and absence.
We have one working group and this is the Church Group which focuses on self evaluation of all aspects of school life relating to the school’s ethos, leadership, RE and worship, as well as looking holistically at the children’s education at DVIS.
If you would like to contact the Governing Body regarding a school related matter please email or send a letter via the school office clearly addressed to the Chair of Governors.
Governor Vacancies: There are currently no vacancies.